Sunday, November 14, 2010

A nice win at Monmouth Park

It was a lovely sunny fall Sunday in the City, so I headed down the Jersey shore with my American punting pal Steve Passik for an afternoon of horse watching at historic Monmouth Park race track

It was built in 1870 and has more atmosphere than any of the NY tracks

and it was especially pleasant with the fall foliage

It had been a leader's track all day, and in coming into the 9th race, a restricted handicap over 1600m, I liked the look of the topweight with the odd name "W.W.'s Lady's Man". As you can see, he is a powerfully built three year old, looking fit and ready to run. He had been unplaced last start, but didn't have the best of runs and before that had led all the way, so I figured if he could reporduce that today he had a big chance given how he looked, and he was paying $10 for the win, so it was a very attractive bet...

... and he did exactly as i expected, led all the way and killed 'em winning by about 6 lengths, returning $198 for $20. It was good to see I had not lost my old touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment